Monday, April 26, 2010

For the love of fabric


The Nicholas Building is such a great location I thought I should show you around the neighbourhood. Just up the hill in Flinders Lane is my favourite fabric store, Tessuti Fabrics. They stock the most unbelivable range of fabric, and the staff are fantastic. They have so many beautiful designer fabrics, and the way they display the fabric by colour is so inspiring. If you love fabric this store is absolute heaven!


141 Flinders Lane, look for the sign with the big button and needle, the entrance is up the stairs to the left.


Love the textures and colours all together, how to choose just one?


Soooo love Liberty


And they have classes too, check out their website and blog .

On another note, but not unrelated is the move from Collins Street to South Yarra of La Louve. I have always loved the store front of this Melbourne institution, so romantic and evocative of another more graceful time. I am sad to see it go.


Meanwhile it's been a hectic week in the studio, Mother's Day is on the way so I had to get a new window in for Kleins Perfumery. They had lots of new stock to display including l'uccello heat pillows and scented pillows for linen. I have also been making more scented pillows for linen in gorgeous new fabrics so the studio is well infused with the scent of lavender and rose. I finished a new batch of Vintage Cutie Doll Kits, these little ladies have been very popular. I will try to make time to get photos of my current windows to post. 



Packed and ready to ship.



They really are too cute



For the love of fabric x

PS Thanks to everyone who has posted comments, so lovely to have the feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kim, the store and the blog are so exciting. You have such wonderful products and the whole experience has an other-wordly beauty.

    ReplyDelete