Thursday, March 3, 2011

Autumn already

It seems like all of a sudden Summer is over, it's kind of melancholy at first, this last flourish of Butterfly Bush from my garden is so lovely and fragrant. But then I start to think of cosy scarves and lovely new boots for winter and it makes me quite cheerful. I also find I am much more inclined to get crafty in the cooler weather, suddenly felts, pompoms and crochet seem so appealing. I have been especially happy because I have been able to wear my new Sophie Digard scarf, it is just so beautiful.

The crazy filter that I like on my iphone doesn't do the colours justice, they are heaven!

The big news of the week is we are hosting our first Crafty Hens Party on Saturday - craft, afternoon tea and girlfriends, it is sure to be a relaxing and fun afternoon.
Because of this l'uccello will be closing early this week only, at 2 pm. We hope this doesn't cause anyone any inconvenience.

Saturday hours 10am-2pm
this week only 

These fabulous old magazines from the 1930s arrived today, I'm thinking this could be my look for the season, a little hunter chic!

How glamorous are these dames?!



These fabulous baskets from Ghana arrived today, beautifully woven in lovely patterns and colours, perfect for storing crafty stash or for carrying your supplies to a class or two.

Gratuitous cotton reel shot

Have a great week, don't forget about early closing this Saturday x


1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! If you do another crafty afternoon in the first week of April, I'll be able to come! Otherwise, I might just turn up with my knitting anyway : )

    ReplyDelete